With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, let’s talk what to wear on Valentine’s date night. So why wear a little black dress? It is the ultimate blank canvas. It can make you look effortlessly chic and endlessly elegant. It allows your hair & makeup and your accessories to shine. My favorite reason to wear the lbd? The slimming effect- we cannot forget the slimming effect. Here are a few clever ways to glam up your lbd.
* Bold accessories- if you know me, you know I melt for statement necklaces, statement shoes and big baubles. Never leave accessories as an afterthought! To me, they are more important than the dress.
* Tights- You can give your lbd a sleek look by adding a pair of tights. Go for black for an even more slimming and elongated look.
* Bombshell hair- If piling on accessories is not your thing, glam up your hair instead. If you have long hair or use extensions try a look that incorporates volume and amps up your look.
* Animal print shoes- they will give your lbd an edge. Remember, if the shoes are animal print, keep the rest simple as it is a statement shoe.
* Tailored Jacket- I prefer a tailored jacket to a pashmina. It makes the look more structured and a well tailored jacket offers a more slimming look than a cardigan.
* Layer with long necklaces- they are going to make you look long and lean, they lengthen your look.
* Try brooches- or embellished pins. It will give your look some serious swank.
* Pair your lbd with red shoes- red shoes are sexy and if you want that “wow” factor on your date night, bold red heels will do the trick.
* Pair your lbd with a red lip and a cat-eye
Check out more lbd ideas on my Pinterest page 🙂