Debut Underground Lauderdale Fashion Weekend approaches South Florida! ULFW is 3 fabulous days of unprecedented high fashion in Fort Lauderdale Based in the Arts District. ULFW runs March 30 through April 2 and has teamed up with Style Saves to serve as a charity partner.
One of my favorite fashion designers, Nicole Miller will give us a peek at her widely-praised Spring 2017 collection with a selection of curated summer looks. It will feature styles inspired by Panamanian art and culture, reflected in hand-finished beading, embroideries, and bright festive prints. The runway show will be hosted by Marie Claire’s Creative Director, Lifetime’s Project Runway Judge and all-around renowned Fashion Expert Nina Garcia. ULFW will be anchored by organizations IVY and Create & Cultivate.
In addition to Nicole Miller’s marquee fashion presentation, ULFW will include a kick-off reception on Thursday, March 30 (8-11pm) at the Ritz Carlton’s Burlock Coast hosted by 20 South Florida style movers & shakers presented by The Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills.
Following on Saturday, April 1 (10am-6pm), super-hot millennial national organization, IVY, will host fashion shows focused on emerging designers representing both New York and South Florida. IVY has been showcasing designers during fashion weeks in NY, LA & Miami for the past 2 years.
The presentations will all be showing “see-now buy-now collections” in either live model vignette presentations or runway shows.
- SAUNDER (11am-noon) (NYC, women’s & men’s)
- Descendent of Thieves (1-2pm) (NYC, menswear)
- An “Art-a-Porter” presentation curated by Susanne Bartsch (3-4pm): vignettes by NYC designers Devin Kelly, Hana Quist and Casey Caldwell, and with looks from Graham Tyler, Claire Fleury, Saga, Fetish Factor (FTL) & Muffinhead
- Zoey Reva (5pm, runway) (Miami, women’s)
- Alice & Trixie (6pm, runway) (NYC, women’s)Susanne Bartsch, who recently had world renown institution the NY Fashion Institute of Technology (F.I.T.) host a retrospective and put out a corresponding book entitled: “FThe Fashion Marketplace taking place in the same venue will complement the fashion shows with pop-up stores where guests can buy looks off the runway, shop other South Floridian accessory and clothing brands, enjoy interactive experiences, and enjoy the pop-up lounge.The weekend festivities will close with a taste of New York featuring the “Queen of Nightlife” herself, Susanne Bartsch, hosting the Finale Warehouse Extravaganza with a bevy of her entertainers flown in from New York especially for this event including DJ Amber Valentine and her world- famous performers, who again, will showcase where fashion meets art.ULFW will be held in partnership with the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Office of Film, Music, Entertainment and Creative Industries.
Buy your tickets here and I’ll see you there!